Thursday, October 9, 2008

Je suis très fatigué

I have to go to sleep since I'm getting on a train in less than 6 hours to go to the south of France for the weekend. After Marseille, I'm headed to Amsterdam with the bro and cousin for 4 days. It should be loads of fun, but you're not gonna get a worthwhile blog for some time. Yes, it's hard to be me.
In all seriousness, I have had a hard week looking for an accessible hotel that didn't cost an arm and paralyzed leg. Obviously things of that nature are a little bit more dated on this side of the pond. It just so happened that the one excursion my school organized and is paying for fell on the weekend that my brother arrives. This has been the cause for beaucoup anxiety this week.
My French still sucks. It's becoming more apparent that I will only have scraped the surface in 4 months, and I'll just have to come back some day to really perfect it ;-)
Last weekend I had an amazing time at Nuit Blanche, which is this all-night art festival in Paris. I'm spearheading the NYC branch when I get back. Seriously. Well, hopefully.
Anyway, starting production on my first film soon (don't get too excited...just a student project written and directed by moi), heading to Berlin and Florence next month, and lamenting my limits (financial and time-wise).
Bonne nuit, mes amis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily-
Thanks for a much enjoyed break from work as I live through your eyes with a twinge of envy. I am in awe of your experiences and so proud of your tenacity and passion for life. Do not ever lose sight of those characteristics.
Good luck with your travels and make many more unforgettable memories.
Best,
-Patrick