Monday, February 1, 2010

Jung at heart, short on time.

Sooooooooo the uniquely New York activities have continued uninterrupted, and I've got some ideas for blog posts scribbled here and there. In my moleskin or slingshot. On the backs of receipts. There's even some lengthy starts to posts saved here on the blogspot thingamabob.
The thought of sitting (or lying as the case may now be) down at the computer to hack it all out for my mom and Ann Courtney is not something I'm averse to...I simply ain't got much time these days.
I've also been mulling over the whole blog "medium," and I think that my efforts may indeed be more productive elsewhere. The three blogs I used to read religiously are no longer with us, and my slightly embarrassing and completely annoying addiction to facebook makes any trip online an enormous and horrible waste of time. What is it I think I'm going to miss? My mom "liking" my best friend from high school's sister-in-law's brother's status update? Somebody's plea for help on some weird cyber-farm? (I've got real chickens to tend to!) The ex-lovers' irresistible pictures with their new beautiful girlfriends? I keep saying I'm going to get off of it. But I don't want it to be that I can't go on. I want it to be that I don't want to go on. I guess it's the equivalent of watching mindless, bad tv...which is why I don't own a television.
I've also been working to promote the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training I'm about to start @ Greenhouse Holistic in Williamsburg. This has had me on facebook (and online in general) more often than usual trying to network and such. And I find myself interspersing personal online time with business online time because I'm a dork with no self control. Harkens back to all those temp jobs I worked when I first moved to NYC.
Anyway, Thursday I've carved out some time for you and me. Just the two of us. Like a good negligent friend. The excursions I shall write about are the Jung Redbook, the 3rd Ward Valentine's Day Short Film Lonely Hearts Club, and the cone-pizza or naked Juliet. Bated breath, I'm sure. Goodnight:-)

No comments: